Saturday, June 5, 2010

Meet Me Downtown 5k race report


PR baby!!!
I was shooting for a sub-25 minute time and I was faster than I thought! Guess all of that mountain running is paying off!
Time: 23:54
Distance: 3.1 miles for all the non-runners out there.

I was 5th in my age group. Lots of fast gals in my age group.
Overall, it went pretty fast - I wore my iPod and before I knew it, finish line!!!

It was still around 100 degrees at the start - 6:30 pm. About 1,400 people showed up, though! Dallas, Joe and me after the race:


Dallas rocked the course - 20:31! He's almost 49 years old! He was 5th in his age group, also. Is there anything not to love about this man?

Lots of TTR's out! Chase, Bruce, Wayne, Patricia, Joe, John, Constantino, Kim, Dallas and I.

I'm in the middle in this picture (white tank, black shorts):


Dallas and I went and saw 'Saint Ralph' at the Fox Theatre afterwards which was part of the race entry fee. We sat on one of the 'loveseats' on the balcony. It was one of the best movies!! I loved it.

Another picture of me after the race:


I cut Dallas out of the picture - he was blinking in it - but he said it was one of his favorite pictures of me, so I'm posting it. I like it because my arms look more buff these days (I'm working on my pushups!)









"One of the best safeguards of our hopes, I have suggested, is to be able to mark off the areas of hopelessness and to acknowledge them, to face them directly, not with despair but with the creative intent of keeping them from polluting all the areas of possibility."
~William F. Lynch

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great job! I ran it too. I have yet to post my recap, but its soon to come!