Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mt. Wrightson - one RT only!


One RT for me - Old Baldy trail up and Supertrail down for about 14 miles and about 4,000 feet elevation gain. I was supposed to do multiples, but I have been battling shin splints, hip pain, ankle pain and IT band pain and I'm trying to heal all of that up.
Tom and Mike did two round trips with one Supertrail return (25 miles), and Dallas did 3 round trips with one Supertrail return (36 miles). Good job guys!

Dallas and I went up together on my first trip and his second. We have fun together, that's for sure.

"A good companion shortens the longest road. " ~ Turkish Proverb
We saw lots of wildflowers because of the summer rains...
They were all on their 2nd ascent when I did my trip to the top (they started 3 hours earlier than me), so we all at the top of Mt. Wrightson (9,453 feet) at about the same time.


 
Victory is ours!
Saw a cool lizard at the top and we were attacked by lady bugs as usual (you can see them on the rock in the picture).
 
Ran down Supertrail instead of the standard 'Old Baldy' route.
I jumped the gun a bit on the running - my shin is still sore, so I'm taking a few more weeks off of running and cycling. :(
 
Trying to be smart about things, but I surely miss running...just part of being a long distance runner - that fine line between fun and injury.
 
My friend Becky was asking me why we do some of the things we do (multiple Wrightsons, marathon runs up Mt. Lemmon) and I said...
"Brace yourself. Because we can."

No comments: