Sunday, September 5, 2010

TTR Mt. Wrightson Ascent

Our first 'official' run of the new season.
Total time to ascend Mt. Wrightson: 1:52

 
Touchdown! Victory!

 My fastest yet, although my time is slower than many in the Tucson Trail Runners. They are a fast bunch. I was feeling pretty lousy about my ascent time (only the time to ascend is recorded for this TTR run) as I was one of the last ones up.

5.2 miles and ~ 4K of elevation gain.
I had a great time visiting with everyone at the top - they were just hanging out for a bit, since there was no race down to the bottom!


Laughing it up with Jane, who is ALWAYS laughing

Me and Mari, one of our newest members, at the top:

I took Supertrail down which is longer, for a total distance of about 14 miles.


Dallas leading the train

Dallas says I'm too hard on myself. I have to admit that he is right. I like what Dean Karnazes said in one of his recent blog posts:

"Nobody cares if you’re not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run."

Well said, Dean.

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

Ouch! What a climb! Dallas is right- you are being too hard on yourself. You did something very, very hard - not many people CAN do it let alone would even consider trying it. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Hey, how do you like your compression socks? Are they zensas? Loving the pink!
Have a great week!
K