Saturday, November 14, 2009

Change of the seasons

Oh mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Mmm mmm I don’t know...

~Stevie Nicks, 'Landslide' lyrics excerpt


I had a hard time getting out and running yesterday because it was so gloomy (so I skipped it and came home!) With the change of seasons, the cool weather is moving in and I miss the heat. Yet, the change of seasons always gives me hope. Things don't stay the same forever. I won't feel a certain way forever. This season of my life has been hard but I will get to the other side.
 
Not much out of me lately, but I've been running!
After the 60k, I ran 17 miles the 1st week, 22 the second week, and then 34 last week (19 miler on the Rillito River path with Shari). I'm slowly working back up the mileage and dealing with a very sore hip and foot. They are both getting better. I did force myself out the door today for a 6 mile run with Taos dog, which I really enjoyed. The cloud cover makes for nice temps to run in, but I have a hard time with motivation when it is so overcast.
Anyway, tomorrow, I'll head out by myself on a 22 mile run in the Tucson Mountains, rounding out the week with 40 miles. This next week, I should have around 45 miles, and then the next week, around 50 miles. Then, time to taper for Tucson Marathon. Most people train with more miles than that for a marathon, but I really want to make sure I recover well from that 60k and don't get injured.
I had a dream last night that I was attacked by a baby bobcat. I was okay, though. Yikes! Hope I don't see any tomorrow - part of the run is through a fairly quiet area of the Tucson Mountains. Lots of saguaro cactus, which I love.

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

Like you, I have a hard time getting motivated when it is gray and gloomy outside. Add to that some cold temps-yikes! Give me bright sunshine and glorious blue skies and it's all good! I think your mileage is probably just right for your marathon training. When you work and have a life, too much more and you are setting yourself up for overtraining/burnout. I sure do hope you didn't get chased by a baby bobcat today!!! We LOVE the pics of the saguaros, as you know. :-) Hope you heal up and start feeling better - beware the evil pavement!
K