Sunday, December 12, 2010

Me and 'D' on the 'B'

Bear Canyon Loop! This was the first time Dallas and I ran it together. There was no planned TTR run this weekend, so we decided it would be a good time to do it. Lo and behold, we show up and all sorts of TTRs are in the parking lot ready to take off!


We had a great time! I was worried after my terrible performance 2 weeks ago at the 50k (I DNFd at 18 miles). I have been rolling with a foam roller and also two tennis balls 'duct-taped' together. I have a really painful and tight spot where my hamstring meets my glute muscle, so I took 2 weeks off from any long runs and just started attacking it with the rolling.

This is my 'deep in thought Julie pose'
It worked! I felt like my old self again. I am still dealing with it, but I'm making progress.

I love running with D!!!

I'm a lucky gal!
This run definitely made me feel better - I was worried I'd never enjoy my running again. It has been one string of problems after another.


He recreated the heart again for me! Dallas has left this heart for me for a long time now at Sabino Basin where East Fork trail meets the Sabino Canyon trail. So sweet!

What a romantic guy. ;)
Total distance: 17.06 miles
Total time: 3:56. Not my fastest, but we took the Bear Canyon trail all the way out, which adds a little distance and time, instead of going out on the section of road.

Some of the guys were still there after their run, which was cool! We hung out and chatted a bit.

Thanks Dallas for a great run! I felt good the whole time. I love trail running!

“A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.”
~ Richard Bach

3 comments:

nrmrvrk said...

Hi Rene,

I hope this doesn't come off pervy or something. I don't mean it that way at all. I've recently started getting a tight spot where my hamstring meets my glute as well. I feel like no matter how much rolling and massaging I do I can't get in there and work it out. Have you had any luck with yours? What has worked for you? It seems to show up after a hard tempo run and only on one side.

Thanks,
Jason

Diana said...

Hi I am new to your blog. Found it when looking for a race review. I too am a runner and just getting into the Trail running thing, even though I am an avid hiker.

I enjoy your blog and your race reviews :) I am surprised there are so many trail races in Tuscon. We just started having a bunch here in town. http://aravaiparunning.com/aravaiparunning/ just started to do a series here. I have been doing this series but only the small race lengths.
Thanx again for all the info!
happy holidays!

the humble runners said...

Hi! Love your site. My cobloggers and I are new to trail running. We completed the Santa Monica mountain 9k in November and are running the Big Baz 12k run in Saddleback this weekend. We just started our blog and hope to be able to track as many awesome accomplishments as you have! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy running!