Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday morning run with the Chiclets!
We ran about 14-15 miles around town today. Lisa and Nancy are training for the Chicago marathon in October, but me and Sheryl are joining them in some longer runs just for fun! You have just got to get out there TODAY and live life, because you never know what tomorrow holds. Good job on the long runs gals! We are a sturdy group of women, I'll tell you. It was hot out there!
Kenny is now in Colorado for the summer. I miss him a lot! I'll be keeping busy with a lot of projects (I always find lots to do-I will never ever be bored!) One thing I'm doing is creating window frame art (yes, accountants have a small streak of creativity in them!) using fabric and flowers and old window frames. They are a lot of work but they came out really nice, I thought. I'm always proud when I get done with each one. You have to take pride in your work!

Here are some of the pieces I have done:

This one was my favorite. I love the little pink roses. I'll probably make another one just like it for myself. :)


This one was Kenny's favorite.


This one has some very interesting 'crackle' fabric that I found.

I'll be doing more of these, but these were all I sent with Kenny to Colorado to put in his art studio. I hope they sell! At any rate, I'm not quitting my day job. :)

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: