Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tucson Summer Trail Series - I'm registered!

Race One — August 2, 2008
Mount Lemmon Summit: Wilderness of Rocks Trail (8.6 miles)

Directions: Drive up on Catalina Highway to Mount Lemmon Ski Valley, continue up on the Service Road. The trailhead will be on your left.

Race Two — August 9, 2008
Tortolita Mountains, Wild Burro Trailhead: Alamo Springs Trail (7 miles)

Directions: From Tangerine and Dove Mountain Road drive North. The trailhead will be on your right, 1/2 mile past the Gallery Golf Club.

Race Three — August 16, 2008
Mount Lemmon, Palisade Ranger Station: Butterfly Trail (10.2 miles)

Directions: Drive up on Catalina Highway to the Palisade Ranger Station. The trailhead will be 1/4 mile before the Ranger Station, on your right.

Blue Pants Racing puts on quality events, so I couldn't wait to sign up! I did their Winter Trail Series back in January of this year. I'll be camping out on Mt. Lemmon for those races, because it would be quite a bit of travel for me in the morning before the race (at least 1.5 hours of travel to the top of Mt. Lemmon for the first race). The races start at 6am. I'll just sleep in the back of my 4-Runner! It will be an adventure. Mt. Lemmon is a great way to escape the heat of Tucson summers. Anyone want to join me? We could have a little pre-race meeting on Friday night and it could be a lot of fun. Not sure if there is room in the back of the 4-Runner for anyone else, though. You'd be on your own for the camping part. :).

I haven't run at all since the Red Mountain 50k last weekend. I did do a short hike the day after the race at Zion, but since then I've just been resting and recovering. I figure there was no hurry to get out there since I don't have any big races until the fall. No sense risking injury. So, I've been catching a few extra z's by sleeping in an extra hour in the mornings. I also worked both Saturday and Sunday (all day) at the rental house. Sanding, painting, raking, cleaning - it really is never-ending over there. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though. We should be done in about 2 weeks. We've already shown it to a few potential tenants, so I'm confident that someone will pan out. We are just trusting that God will place someone in our life that we can help and that can help us. People tell us to be careful picking tenants and we will be; we hear horror stories about other tenants from so many people. I guess I just believe the world is a good place and it seems to be just that for me.

I'll be running a few days this week, and then my next race until the Tucson Summer Trail Series is the Meet Me Downtown 5k (only 5k!) race next Saturday night. They'll be showing the movie 'Spirit of the Marathon'.

5 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

woo hoo!!! I have to check my calendar to see if I have ash on those days...

RunningTroysLife said...

I might be able to jump in on one of those days in august, the 8th or 9th MAYBE depending on work.I leave that following week for cali so maybe not.

Marathoner in Training said...

Those sound like a couple of great get togethers. A great distance for a trail run.

HappyTrails said...

Hopefully you are recovering well from your Red Mt race! Your trail racing series looks fun and camping with friends is always a fun adventure! I have heard (you guys probably already know this) that setting a minimum credit score requirement and running a credit check for potential renters is a good policy. Most people who manage their finances fairly well would probably care for someone else's property well. Plus, God is always a great source for the right hook-up! :-)

Marnee said...

That series sounds so totally awesome, I'd love to get out there for them but I just wish I was a good enough runner to handle it. Trails kill me but I try! :)

Ill be at the Meet Me Downtown 5k, too, and Im very excited.

Cheers!