Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm running and I have surely missed the endorphins...

Well, I've run a little more this week:
Sunday - 6 miles on Rillito
Tuesday - 4.5 miles at Reid Park on loop path. Felt like I could run 10 miles. Destressing from work, so it felt great. I ran into the workout group there and got to visit with Sheryl, Steve, Sue and Martinho.
Saturday (this morning) - about 10 miles on the Rillito path, although I also walked about a mile. I went with Nancy, Sheryl, Lynn and Lisa and it was good to see all of them. They did a little more on the out and back, but I stopped at 5 miles, walked a ways, turned around, walked a little more back, and then they ran back and picked me up to run about 5 more. Felt great, although my legs feel sore. I'm feeling like I'll bounce back fairly quickly, and can start increasing my mileage each week. My wrist feels good, although it felt really weird this morning on our run. I think it was because it was cold - so I had the metal support from the wrist brace that was cold and the metal in my wrist! It was 42 degrees when I left my house this morning to meet the gals at 6:15am. Brrr! I wore gloves and ear muffs, but I still wore a skirt because I knew I would warm up.

We did see a few coyotes on our run; here is one (yeah, I know, it looks like a dog, but it really is a coyote):

So, not bad - 20.5 miles running in the last 7 days. In addition, I walked a few miles earlier in the week on my lunch, so I got in about 3-4 miles walking. I also did the exercise bike for about 30 minutes, and did a bunch of core/stomach exercises and lunges and some leg exercises on my machine.

Work - they have 'eliminated' all 15 of our positions in the Finance department where I work. What that means - we all have to reapply for the newly created positions (and interview along with other external candidates). It is a restructure of our department, with a lot of higher level positions being added. They aren't trying to cut back, but instead they are looking to structure the department to accommodate future growth. So, I'll be reapplying for a job similar to the one I have now, but it will be a Senior Accountant position and I'm currently the Accounting Lead. So, a little bit of a step-down, but I'm hoping the pay is similar. I think they are looking to eliminate some incompetent people, and they figured this was the best way to do it. I'm not too worried, since I do a good job there, but I won't feel settled until I know for sure. We'll all continue on as we are until they start making decisions.
And, of course, the hospital bills from my accident have started going through my insurance. Total - about $25,000. I'm not sure what my portion will be - initially, I thought about $2,000, but with it being out-of-network, I could be looking at up to $10,000.
I'm hoping for some good news on both the work and insurance bill fronts, but I feel confident that it will all work out alright somehow.
If I couldn't run right now, I'm not sure what I would do. One good thing!

3 comments:

Joyce Vyriotes said...

I'm so glad that your running is coming back so quickly! I'm sorry to hear about work and the hospital bills though. I hope both turn out in your favor. Sending good thoughts your way!

RunningTroysLife said...

Wow thats alot to have on your plate!
Nice work with the rehabing of your hand/wrist and running again!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back to doing what you love! I know it had to be frustrating not to be able to run for so long. About the insurance stuff, fight tooth and nail since this was an EMERGENCY and you had no choice.
Love, Lisa