Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Close call

I biffed it on my run at Reid Park tonight. I had run about 3.5 miles when I tripped and down I went. My left knee took the brunt of the fall, with my right hand (yes, the side of the broken wrist) taking a nice slide on the dirt. I was bleeding pretty good out of my knee, but only a few blood blisters on my hand. I landed in more of a slide, so there was no lasting pain to my wrist.

There was a piece of metal sticking out of the ground about 4 inches (I was running on the dirt) which is what I stumbled over.

It took a while to get the knee to stop bleeding (I almost always carry a small hankerchief with me) but I was able to still run. I saw Sheryl and Sue on the path shortly afterwards and ran with them until I had 8.2 miles, and then I headed home and proudly showed off my wounds to my husband.

I have been afraid of falling since my wrist fracture; this helped me get over that, so it was a good thing.

No comments: