Friday, January 2, 2009

Trying out the new running toy...


Right on! This thing is great. For Christmas, Kenny gave me the new Garmin Forerunner 405, which is a GPS-enabled sports watch with wireless sync to the computer. So, I took it out for my first run in almost 2 weeks to try it out. I did an alleged 6.9 mile stretch on the Rillito wash and it came up at 6.82 miles in 1:01:53 (9:04 min/mile pace). Pretty cool. It has a 'touch' bezel, which makes it fun and easy to use. And, all you have to do is get it near the computer and it automatically 'syncs up' and loads the run data.
It showed 423 feet elevation gain over the run - I guess there are a few 'hilly' spots on the Rillito, but I was still surprised at that. Hopefully, I can figure out how to use this thing to keep from getting lost out there in the wild...
The Tucson sun felt good on the bones.

No comments: