Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweetwater Preserve Trail Run with an old friend

I met my friend Shari out at Sweetwater Preserve for a short trail run today. I haven't run with Shari since September, so it was a treat. She e-mailed me to congratulate me on my race (thanks Shari!), I responded back and then we planned a run! Seems like we both have a lot going on, so we talked it up the whole time, while keeping the pace down. It was great to catch up with her after all of this time. I love it when two friends can say, 'Hey, sorry about what happened. Glad we are still friends." We're going running again together next week.
The good news is that my quad isn't bothering me today! Looks like I worked the kinks out.
We ran 7.5 miles, which was perfect. I'm on a bit of a 'reverse taper', and wanted to make sure I didn't overdo. It felt great! it is pretty mellow out on those trails - only 1,193 feet elevation gain. If you want to see a ton of saguaro cactus, check this place out. Beautiful! The trails are fairly new, and although rocky in spots, the trail is really pretty easy.

The temperature is warming up in Tucson, but we had a nice cloud cover for a lot of the run. Today the temperature is supposed to be 83, tomorrow 89!!!, and Tuesday 88. I love Winter in the Southwest!

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

As always, LOVE the saguaro "forest" and we are jealous of the "sleeveless" look and 80 degree temps! :-)
K