Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mid-week trail run to relieve the stress

I rear-ended someone on the way to work this morning. Luckily, everyone was okay. No police called. Nothing wrong with the other guy's vehicle. My bumper on my 4-Runner is pretty messed up. I shook it off as best I could. Heck, there are other things more important to worry about.

Plus, I was actually getting off work early today after our work lunch, AND Shari and I were going to do a trail run! Nothing like a mid-week trail run to shake off the blues. We met at Yetman trailhead at Camino de Oeste and ran Yetman trail and part of Starr Pass trail.I love Tucson Mountain Park. You don't see too many people out there. Some cactus for my lovely friend Kathleen in Colorado:

6.2 miles, 1,339/(1,301) feet elevation gain/(loss). It was fun.

We barely got back before the sun went down.
Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't run trails. I sure hope God is hearing all my prayers. Some days, I just don't know. I could really use some divine intervention in my life...
I'll be switching back to evening running soon. Darkness is slowly stealing my mornings.

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

I am sure you were really shaken up after your accident - luckily you weren't injured??? Bumpers can be fixed. Glad you were able to get out for a little "trail therapy" afterwards. It tends to work wonders for me. Keep those saguaro pics coming - we love seeing them! I am "boo-hooing" the short days, too. God always hears our prayers - I'll be praying for you too! WOW on your tentative race schedule - that is so awesome!
K