Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thankful for friends....

Shari talked me into joining her for a run this morning. I have not run since last Sunday - the depression is setting in. I'm being swarmed with love from friends near and far, but I guess I just have to walk through this and feel whatever it is I need to feel. So...I got up in the cold weather, drove over to my old house and picked up Taos dog (I don't have her anymore, I just borrow her) and met Shari and some other gals at the Rillito River path.
TTR was running a trail today, but I opted out because I didn't want to do anything strenuous the week before the marathon.
We cranked out a big 9.3 miles. It felt good. Thanks Shari. I think Taos had a good time, too. Shari was trying to get a pic of us and had a hard time getting Taos' attention...




I was the only one wearing a skirt, but I warmed up after a bit. This skirt goes out to my friends Julie and Kathleen in COLD Colorado!
You just can't beat Tucson weather in the wintertime.
So...I ran 9.3 miles for the week. Quite a taper for the marathon. :)
I'm so thankful for tons of friends. I couldn't go through all of this without you.

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

BRRRR, it has been TOO COLD here but we are keeping our fingers crossed for some skin exposure and vitamin D absorption opportunity this weekend-highs in the low to mid 40's! Yahooooo - it will feel like a heat wave. Glad Shari took you out for a good run. I know it may sound impossible - but keep your chin up - life WILL brighten - just seemingly empty words now but you will eventually feel it. Rest and lean on your faith, family, and friends - they'll prop you up until you're back to full speed ahead.
K