Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yetman Trail to Starr Pass Trail


Dixie and I did 6-7 miles on the Yetman Trail this morning and explored part of the trails that head to Starr Pass resort (there are 3 or 4 of them!).
We passed by Stone House again, of course, so we break there and get in a photo opportunity. I'm wearing my plain grey gaiters. I'll have to go back to Dirty Girl Gaiters and get another fun pair (one for every outfit?)

Yesterday, I went into the Running Shop to buy a new hand held water bottle and I just felt like I wasn't a REAL runner. They are really nice there, but everyone who works there is young and superfast! So, I am giving that some thought, and will do a blog post on what makes me a real runner. If I'm not mistaken, it involves running, which, of course, I do plenty of!
I felt like a real trail runner today. I was a strong woman out there in the desert. I ran a lot of technical parts and uphills. I'm starting to figure out the Tucson Mountain Park trail system!

We saw a snake. Looks like a common gartersnake, which is pretty harmless.


I love running with Dixie. She is a good trail finder. I actually insisted on one turn off that she tried to take that she was wrong. Just a few minutes down the wrong trail, I realized she was right! No wonder she gave me that look when I said "No, that's not the way back, Dixie." She is a great running companion. Never even complains, even when she is hot.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Fleet Feet - Running Shop is okay, but you're right about how they are all young and superfast!

Sarah said...

Dixie sounds like an great running partner!