Shari and I ran a little over 6.5 miles on the trails of Catalina State Park (Canyon Loop, Montrose and Nature Loop trails). We did hill repeats on one of the hills on the Canyon loop. Here I go again for my third round of running up the long hill:We saw an amazing cardinal at the end of our run. He was hanging out in a twiggy tree near the parking lot. This is what trail running is all about - getting out there and connecting with the whole world of nature.
On another note, I was tagged by Sarah first to play a little game called "six word memoir". I was also tagged by Angie later on.
Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
After some thought, I decided to use the last phrase on the post I had a couple of days ago:
My Life is Such a Gift.
Not only do I have a fantastic husband who loves me, but I am surrounded by family and friends who love me for who I am, too. I get to experience so much in life that many do not get to. I am blessed with good health, a thankful heart, and more opportunities than I can imagine. I had a difficult childhood and have made it through that and many other obstacles to become a healthy, happy, and strong woman. Thank you God for that gift!