Saturday, January 7, 2012

Beyond...

This was an event to commemorate the January 8th, 2011 shootings. A day to get people out, enjoying the outdoors with the community we love so much. A positive reaction to a horrible day. A tribute to the people lost and injured.



TTR participated with SAR to put on free trail runs at Sabino Canyon today.

I met up with Tricia, who I haven't seen since the trail races I used to do out at the Tortolitas. It was so awesome to see her again! I was dressed pretty warm - I arrived at 6:30am, and I knew it would be several hours before I started running.



We swept the 7 Falls distance together.



Above 7 Falls pool

I really enjoyed running with Tricia. We talked the whole time. It was great!

I enjoyed hanging out with all of the new faces and TTR members, who came out to run and volunteer.

TTR rocks!

It went really well and I think everyone had a good time. We had 4 people not check in from Bear Canyon Loop - uh oh. Before calling search and rescue, we were able to get their phone number or email address from the sign in and within the hour or so, all reported back that they were home and fine. Whew.

My heart goes out to my friend Ross, who is going through probably the worst year of his life. He has been grieving the loss of his son Gabe, who was tragically killed on January 8th. Out of the grief came *Beyond*. Ross and his family established the Tucson Trails Tribute fund, which put on the event.

Ross, thank you for this day of celebrating life with those around us. We were with you and your family in spirit today and love you very much.

No comments: