Thursday, April 8, 2010

Change of the seasons - morning running again!

It is just about that time of year - I've started running in the morning to beat the heat. The heat is already here...
I'll miss my old running route - since I've moved, I'll have to figure out my new morning routine. I now live in the center of Tucson and I'm a little farther from dirt than I used to be. So, instead of running from the house, I'll just be driving up to the Rillito wash.
It is nice to see the sun come up...
This week, I ran two mid-week morning runs of 6.84 miles and 6.74 miles, keeping the average pace at 8:50 and 8:56, respectively. Not bad considering I just did Esperero Canyon loop on Sunday and all of that other running last week. My quads were super sore from Esperero and these two runs didn't seem to work out the soreness a whole lot - but it felt good to be running....

"Self-destructive is doing something to hurt yourself. It is doing permanent damage to yourself. I have done neither. As for being obsessive, I am. I love to run."


~ John Barltrop

No comments: