Sunday, August 5, 2007

Nancy and I ran the Saguaro National Monument East 8 mile loop this morning. Nancy was great company and we had a fabulous time in spite of the ever constant hills, which felt easier today for some reason. We were greeted bright and early by a beautiful sunrise, followed by a rainbow. We were drizzled on lightly for almost the whole run, which was refreshing! The desert is such a magnificent place. What a great way to start the day. Afterwards, Nancy showed me the model home of her new house that is being built - huge and beautiful!!!
The annual race on this same course is only a month away, so we needed to get in a little training. I have run the Saguaro National Monument race twice and the first time I was sick as a dog! I am pretty stubborn when I have made my mind up to do something, so I ran it anyway.

Running has given me confidence to try all sorts of new things. I was always the last one picked in gym class in school. I never thought I had any physical ability. Today, I know the race is always against myself. Running allows me to connect with other women and centers me spiritually.

No comments: