Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chiclet Run!

Ran about 12 miles with the fabulous Chiclets - Lisa, Sheryl, Sue and Nancy. We ran around Tucson Country Club and over to Udall Park. It was our first run with all 5 of us in months! Since the beginning of January, I've run 5 local trail races, including 2 training runs for 2 of those, and with doing a lot of trail running for training for both the Bataan marathon and Zane Grey 50k races, we just haven't been able to hook up much! I'm not thrilled about all the concrete on our runs sometimes, but I tell you, these are some great gals and I always enjoy running with them. That is Sheryl in the picture with me.
One cool thing about road running - we checked out a garage sale! Didn't find anything I couldn't live without, though.

After our run, we went to 'Beyond Bread', where I had a strange breakfast - gazpacho soup, whole grain bread, and roasted potatoes. It was perfect! I've been craving gazpacho since the weather started heating up. I treated the gals to a chocolate tart with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on top. Yum!
Trying to nail someone down for a trail run next weekend. I thought of my friend Andrea that I met at the Blue Pants Racing Winter Trail Series races back in January; maybe she might be interested? We ran together a week before Zane Grey, which was great. I really look forward to my trail runs. Connecting with the wild outdoors really centers me and helps me fill my cup so that when I return, I feel better able to give to the people around me.

No comments: