Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Long mid-week run!

My favorite spot on the Rillito River Path. I always imagine I'm running through a forest during this part. Well, I live in a desert, so I have to imagine! We do have 'cactus' forests here in Tucson - do those count? Actually, there is a pine forest in the Catalina mountains, just an hour drive away on the North side of Tucson. I might do some runs there this summer.

I ran 10.5 miles today. I felt a little sore still from Sunday, but overall, I feel strong. I ran part of my run with this speedy runner gal Dan - I didn't know her, but she started to pass me and began talking to me so I just kept her pace. Whew! After I got done, I did a weight workout (mostly arms/abs). My legs are looking forward to a no exercise day tomorrow!
This time of year is great - I can run longer after work because the sun sets later, but it isn't smoking hot yet, either. Beginning in May, I'll start running before work when the sun rises earlier (and it isn't so cold!). Running when it is 100 degrees out is a little too much for me.


"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." ~ Helen Keller

No comments: