Friday, June 5, 2009

I'd much rather fall on the trail (I think)...

Oh man. I tripped 2 miles into my 6 mile run with Taos this morning while crossing a neighborhood asphalt road and ended up with some pretty bad road rash. Holy Moly. It really hurt. I managed to run back home and get cleaned up before work (shower was quite painful). So, my 6 mile run was only a 4 miler today. I almost didn't go into work, but I took some Aleve and was feeling good enough to go. I scraped up my right hand, right elbow, left knee, and I have a long, but light scrape from my ankle to my hip on my right side.
Lesson of the day? Be present. In today. In the moment. That is where God is. :)

I've still fallen less than 10 times the whole time I've been running. It just seems like a lot because I broadcast it to the world through a blog.
I'll still be running this weekend. I won't let it stop me. I think I'll be cancelling my massage on Monday, though....

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Oh my, that looks way painful! Those kinds of scrapes are like burns - do you have an aloe vera plant? Cut a stalk off, peel off the skin and squeeze the gel onto the scrape several times a day. Your wounds will heal much faster and won't get dry and crackley. BTW, I LOVE your top - what it is??? Heal fast . . .
K

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor girl! I've fallen twice since I started running. Occupational hazard--guess that is what they mean by the phrase "having skin in the game" !!

Charlene